Saturday, August 30, 2008

Daydream



Last night there was a storm.
With flashes of lightning,a windy hard rain ,and a joyously booming thunder.
Crash!
With whispers,whispers on the wind.
"Have your dream"
I lay and slept,while my mind crept.
The corners.
A dining table of glass,covered in linen.
~Who covers glass?~
A conversation about plans and possible futures.
Searching.
"What do you want?"
~The same as you~
Hopes?
"A life...together maybe."
I light a cigarette and receive a scowl.
"Not at the table damnit"
I howl
"I'll hang out the window,if you promise not to push me"
"No promises"
"If you loved me you'd quit"
"If you loved me you would accept it"
~He does~
"Do you love me?"
"Most of the time"
~Silence~
A conversation continued if only in our minds.
Summing and subtracting.
"I have nothing better to do"
"So we commit?"
I have a dream.Then I had a dream.
Then I woke up to the sound of an alarm and alarm.
I'm running behind.How many times did I hit that snooze?
It's still raining and I've never woken.
I have a dream.

No comments: