Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Eagle


When I sleep there is silence,and through sleeps survival I am reborn.Yet,it is in daydreams I am thus created.I chase those dreams in my small yet forceful ways.Always,with both feet firmly on solid ground.

"Good morning my shackled vagabond,how well slept in you look" he says before leaning over to kiss my sleep filled eyes.
I push him away forcefully feigning the morning grumps..."I slept ok,don't do that when my eyes are full of shit"

I rarely dream while I sleep,those horrors of the subconscious rival that of the real world.A world I exist in only to escape often,to the one I've created for myself.

"Oh please,I'm so used to that damn crust.Besides,I was only hoping you had good dreams,of me preferably" ~annoying smile~
"Don't be an ass,I've known you what,all of 2 weeks?Hardly enough time for you to earn a place in my nocturnal,umm,emissions?" I laugh as I lay my arm over my head.
~That fake angry stare~"ok then,asshole!What did you dream about?"

I dreamed I was an eagle,broad of wing and equal in measure was my heart.I soared over you,and over this damned and cursed world.I flew with a passion that was free and unbidden,one that paled last nights frantic tangle on solid ground.

How wonderful it must be to fly.To have such freedom as being born with wings.To glide and give chase,to land where you choose..if at all.Following the currents with ease,while looking down at those you could swiftly devour.

"Hey!Come back to me here...you zoned,what's up?"~and now concern~
"Sorry" I said quickly."I'm here.What was that again?"
"Woah i got a sorry,you DO know how to say it"
"Fuck you!"...I do
"Well then,for the time being,could we just lay down together,and for awhile,act like we mean something more to each other?"

Love is also a dream sometimes,because that's the only place it exists for many of us,in our hearts and minds.In the space between the empty moments filled with time,moments spent...flying from one sky to the next.

I have wings,and they beat in time with my dreams.

2 comments:

Thom said...

This is easily one of my favorite things you have written. It is a wonderful insight into the mind and spirit, and tells a story that is both dream-like and very real. I love it.

.99centPoetry said...

Thanks Thom ((((Hugs)))